Individual Study Programmes Tailour Made For Your Child
Your child will be individually looked after, cared for, and feel confident in our ability to help them reach their full potential.
Understand Your Child’s Educational Needs And Draw Up Individual Learning Plans
Subject teachers will draw up an Individual Learning Plans (ILP) for each student. These give students targets and action points which they need to meet in order to improve their grades. Students will have an ILP for every subject and is regularly reviewed. By following what the teachers suggest, students should make rapid progress and achieve their goals. Students will also have a form tutor with whom they will discuss their progress at regular meetings.
Frequent Assessments And In-Depth Reports On Your Child’s Progress With “Even Better If” Suggestions
- All work is marked with “Even Better If (EBI)” suggestions which will help students to improve.
- In November, we have November tests and, in March, a full mock examination to give practice for the public examinations in the summer.
- Two full reports are issued, at the end of the winter and spring terms. These reports give advice on ways to develop your skills; you need to take notice of what is suggested and put it into practice, just as you do with the ILP guidance and EBI comments.
Parent Portal and Student portal
- Parents will have access to London Brookes College Parent portal. Where they can have a live information on attendance, lateness and any student behaviour concerns raised by their subject teacher. All reports and other student documents are also accessible through the portal. Any college announcements are made through the parent portal as well.
Remote Teaching and Teacher Assessed Grades
- In the un-certain times that we live, with COVID-19, our top priority is to ensure that our students’ education is not affected. We have managed this incredibly well by having remote learning available at all times for any student requiring it.
- We use Microsoft teams as our remote learning platform. If students are quarantined at home, they log on to live lessons through their Microsoft Teams accounts.
- The days that students are in college they can request extra catch-up lessons if they feel they need help.
- We have worked tirelessly with the exam boards to perfect our teacher assessed grading methods. 100% of all our students are graded with supporting evidence. Student surveys show high levels of satisfaction with our process. Parents can feel rest assured that we will ensure that all our students are graded even if physical exams are cancelled due to a lock-down.
A Very Special Learning Environment For Your Child
- By joining us, students will be entering a very special learning environment, small enough to ensure that student care complements excellent teaching and facilitating individual happiness, confidence and success.
- Our teachers will get to know what motivates your child,
- What their specific study style is,
- Identify their strengths and close any gaps
Interview Skills & UCAS Applications
- 121 support with the University application process
- Enrichment activities that will help towards University applications
- Interview skills
- Career advice your child
Personal Tutors, Individual Extra Help
- Personal Tutors,
- Supervised study time
- Extra lessons depending on your child’s needs
- University recruiters and Alumni Presentations
- Speakers from a wide range of professions
- Educational and motivational talks by experts in the fields
Parental Involvement, Support & Feedback
- Parents are invited to attend parents’ evenings twice a year.
- We will also arrange meetings at other times to discuss individual progress if needed.
- Our focus is on the “Value added” which means outstanding improvement from GCSE to A levels.