The London Brookes College Retail programme is designed to give students the best possible chance of entering a Russel group University. The college offers dedicated guidance and preparation to ensure the best chance of success. Entry into the Russel Group Universities is not based on solid academic achievement alone. Students need to be well prepared and well informed about issues in the chosen degree subject, be comfortable in the interview, gain suitable work experience and have a genuine and strong ambition to succeed.
- Advice on sixth form subject choices and courses.
- Support for work experience placements.
- Weekly forums including:
- Introductions to volunteering positions in the wider community.
- Interview practice
- Expert knowledge of university entry requirements.
- Exclusive access to our expert and dedicated Careers Advisers.
- Talks by University students and successful professionals in the field.
A career in the retail sector doesn’t mean that you have to be a shop assistant. There are plenty of graduate career options within this sector that involve more responsibility, higher pay and a more interesting day-to-day life. A popular job in the retail sector is buying, which means choosing which products a shop is going to sell, within strict budgets, whilst keeping customers happy. As you can imagine, being a buyer in a large chain of shops is a big responsibility. Other possible job options in this sector are in merchandising (forecasting, allocating budgets and stock to stores, and so on) and managing a store, and employers include all the major chains of shops and supermarkets you use in everyday life.