Public Sector Programme
The London Brookes College Public Sector programme is designed to give students the best possible chance of entering a Russel group University. The college offers dedicated guidance and preparation to ensure the best chance of success. Entry into the Russel Group Universities is not based on solid academic achievement alone. Students need to be well prepared and well informed about issues in the chosen degree subject, be comfortable in the interview, gain suitable work experience and have a genuine and strong ambition to succeed.
- Advice on sixth form subject choices and courses.
- Support for work experience placements.
- Weekly forums including:
- Introductions to volunteering positions in the wider community.
- Interview practice
- Expert knowledge of university entry requirements.
- Exclusive access to our expert and dedicated Careers Advisers.
- Talks by University students and successful professionals in the field.
A career in the public sector could encompass a wide range of different jobs, as it essentially means anything funded by the Government. It could mean career in an actual Government department, such as the Department of Transport, HM Revenue and Customs, or the Food Standards Agency. The public sector is one of the biggest areas of growth in the job market, largely thanks to the success of the Teach First scheme, which is another good option for recent graduates considering a career in teaching.