The London Brookes College Media programme is designed to give students the best possible chance of entering a Russel group University. The college offers dedicated guidance and preparation to ensure the best chance of success. Entry into the Russel Group Universities is not based on solid academic achievement alone. Students need to be well prepared and well informed about issues in the chosen degree subject, be comfortable in the interview, gain suitable work experience and have a genuine and strong ambition to succeed.
- Advice on sixth form subject choices and courses.
- Support for work experience placements.
- Weekly forums including:
- Introductions to volunteering positions in the wider community.
- Interview practice
- Expert knowledge of university entry requirements.
- Exclusive access to our expert and dedicated Careers Advisers.
- Talks by University students and successful professionals in the field.
Careers in this industry can encompass a variety of media, such as television, radio, animation, film and advertising, and roles include commissioning editors, broadcasters, writers, journalists and directors. The association of this industry with “showbiz” means that it’s a highly desirable career, but the starting salaries are low and the hours can be unsociable. Examples of major graduate employers in this sector are the BBC, Channel 4 and Warner Brothers.