The London Brookes College IT/Telecommunications programme is designed to give students the best possible chance of entering a Russel group University. The college offers dedicated guidance and preparation to ensure the best chance of success. Entry into the Russel Group Universities is not based on solid academic achievement alone. Students need to be well prepared and well informed about issues in the chosen degree subject, be comfortable in the interview, gain suitable work experience and have a genuine and strong ambition to succeed.
- Advice on sixth form subject choices and courses.
- Support for work experience placements.
- Weekly forums including:
- Introductions to volunteering positions in the wider community.
- Interview practice
- Expert knowledge of university entry requirements.
- Exclusive access to our expert and dedicated Careers Advisers.
- Talks by University students and successful professionals in the field.
IT, or Information Technology, encompasses activities such as computer programming, internet service provision and data hosting, while telecommunications covers things like landline and mobile phone providers and broadband. While many of the graduate jobs are with major employers such as Microsoft and IBM, there are plenty of opportunities for IT jobs within other sectors as well. It’s a popular sector with graduates from many backgrounds, not just those who hold degrees in computing, as the salaries are typically quite high. There’s also scope for self-employment in this sector, with some choosing to become freelance web developers, web designers and so on.