The London Brookes College Engineering programme builds on many years of impressive results and focuses on enabling students to make the best possible applications to University Engineering departments.
The London Brookes College programme is designed to give students the best possible chance of entering a Russel group University. The college offers dedicated guidance and preparation to ensure the best chance of success. Entry into the Russel Group Universities is not based on solid academic achievement alone. Students need to be well prepared and well informed about issues in the chosen degree subject, be comfortable in the interview, gain suitable work experience and have a genuine and strong ambition to succeed.
- Advice on sixth form subject choices and courses.
- Support for work experience placements.
- Weekly forums including:
- Introductions to volunteering positions in the wider community.
- Interview practice
- Expert knowledge of university entry requirements.
- Exclusive access to our expert and dedicated Careers Advisers.
- Talks by University students and successful professionals in the field.
Many possible career options fall under the umbrella of the engineering and industrial sector, including aerospace (the manufacture of civilian and military aircraft), automotive (cars), food and drink, biotechnology, nuclear, pharmaceutical and many more. Those with scientific degrees will be particularly well served by this sector, given the demand for graduates with such degrees. Major graduate employers in this sector include BAE Systems, Nestlé, Jaguar Land Rover and GlaxoSmithKline.