BTEC Level 4 HNC in Business
The Pearson HNC in Business course delivery includes; lectures, face-to-face training days, one to one tutorials, discussions, case study discussions, research work, group work etc. All students will be guided at every step towards achieving their goals.
BTEC Higher National Level 4 HNC provides nationally recognised qualifications offering career progression, professional development, employment opportunities and further progression within higher education
Course Aims / Objectives
The objectives of the BTEC Higher Nationals in Business are as follows:
- To enable learners to develop their skills and understanding in various areas relevant to Business such as management, human resources, marketing, international marketing and finance.
- To enable learners to better understand the issues involved in dealing with culturally diverse organisations.
- To provide the learners with opportunities to develop their employability skills.
- To give the learners the opportunity to re start their academic development towards higher qualifications.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in business, including management, administration, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance.
- To support learners to achieve their learning objectives by meeting any learning need that they may have.
The Pearson Higher National Certificate (HNC) is a Level 4 qualification made up of 120 credits. It is usually studied full-time over one year. The student will need to complete all the units under this requirement to attain the HNC Level 4 qualification.
The Higher National Diploma (HND) is a Level 5 qualification made up of 240 credits. It is usually studied full-time. To achieve the HND business qualification, the learner must complete all the units for the level 4 HNC and Level 5 HND business units shown in the tables below as core and selected specialist units/optional units.
Students who wish to undertake this Pearson BTEC HND Level 4/5 should have:
- A minimum of BTEC level 3 qualification in Business.
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent).
- Other related level 3 qualifications.
- The student must be at least 18 years of age and should also pass an initial assessment test (Level 1 in literacy and numeracy with in-depth proficiency in academic writing) at LBC.
HNC: One Year
- Students must complete eight units to get this qualification: six core and two optional units.
HND: Two Years
- On successful completion of the Pearson BTEC HNC Programme, students will then move on to the Pearson BTEC HND in Business level 5. They will then have to complete seven units at level 5 identified by the College to get the full HND Business Qualification. The seven units have two core and five optional units.